Computer and IT knowledge - things to know
HP ProCurve Switch Stack Firmware Update
1. save the config. (write memory)
2. save current software to secondary (copy flash flash secondary)
3. upload the new software to primary - it doesn't matter which way:
- via menu
- via web
- via tftp: copy tftp flash <ip-address> <remote-os-file> [<primary | secondary>]
3.1: verify image using "show flash"
4. reboot the stack (boot system flash primary)
Things to know:
- A "reboot" or "reload" (and the corresponding MIB) would cause only the commander to get rebooted.
A "boot system" would boot the entire stack
- uploading software to the commander will cause all members to have that software loaded as well
computer2know :: thank you for your visit :: have a nice day :: © 2020